Hi Everyone and welcome to CTC 153. This week we get to CASE (Copy and Share Everything) any Tag from the Holiday Catalogue!
That gives us a lot of options doesn’t it! So much scope to use our creativity equals so much fun in my book!
When exploring the catalogue I felt that I didn’t need to go much further than this gorgeous tag on the front cover on the Holiday Catalogue …
I was really attracted to the different layers that add lots of elements to the tag. I decided to turn my tag into a card and made it very Non Christmassy! Lol.
I have been having a bit of fun playing with our new Stampin’ Blends and the Colour Me Happy Project Kit Bundle that became available for you all to purchase this month, so I decided to use them in this weeks CTC challenge. I mean, that little bird is SUPER cute – I currently want to use him on every project!
I omitted the Rosette from the original design in my CASE and opted for the flower, leaves and mini sequins for a few more layers and a bit more visual effect. I’m super happy with how it turned out too.
The Stampin’ Blends are fabulous, but do take a bit of practice to get used to – so if you use them, don’t give up to quickly! You have a few important things you NEED to remember to help your journey…
1. You need to use Momento Ink to prevent the ink colour bleeding into your colouring.
2. These blends are designed to be used with the Thick Whisper White Card stock. They do bleed through underneath as you colour and blend, which is normal for alcohol markers, so don’t panic.
3. The blends are quite moist, so start small and with a light hand.
4. Use the Colour Lifter Pen to remove colour from your images and lighten them.
5. Alcohol markers can colour other elements such as rhinestones and pearls as you can see on this project.
6. Have fun and experiment. Practice makes Perfect!
I do hope you enjoyed my take on the ‘Holiday Catalogue Tag’. Now its time to pop on over to Monique’s blog and see what she has created for you all this week!
Don’t forget that once you have taken the hop to pop on in to your own craft space, get creating and post a pic on our Facebook Page to join in the challenge!
Happy Crafting everyone 🙂