Today I wanted to pop by and show you just how easy it is to use our Gift Bag Punch Board to create bags for any and all occasions.
The Gift Bag Punch Board is one of those tools that I have found I cannot live without. It has helped me out on many occasions when stuck for a quick packaging idea. They make great party favour bags, bags for jewellery, makeup, lollies, chocolates, little thank you gifts, christmas gifts…..you get the idea! I have even made minion party bags using this tool where the kids for the party decorated their own bag as a minion before filling it up with goodies to take home! It was a HUGE hit!
And one of my favourite things to do when I can, is making a matching gift bag and card! Such a cute idea. And imaging, you can create personalised cards and bags that suit the individual! Its all in the decorating and paper choice!
Here was one I created for my video – because I love the Pop of Paradise Stamp Set and my daughter LOVES flamingos, so I know it will come in handy shortly for a little gift of makeup, nail polish or jewellery!
Of course there are lots of other ideas you can create, not to mention all sorts of sizes! The possibilities are endless.
You can even create boxes with this tool by omitting to score the 3 lines to create your side fold. Instant box!
You don’t have to punch holes to thread ribbons. You can close the bags using any fancy clips or pegs you may have on hand.
You can even create a flap to fold over on your bag like this one.
Take a look at my Youtube video to see how to create a fast and simple gift bag at My Paper Oasis.
Here’s how you cut your bag to create that flap.
- Score your card stock as normal.
- Turn your cardstock / DSP so the straight edge is now against the punch on the board. Move the card stock/ DSP edge along the board until your large scored area that is along the right hand edge of your card stock / DSP is under the punch, with the edge of the cardstock / paper in line with the punch point on the board. Punch the corner.
- Move the cardstock / DSP along to the next score line and punch and then score along the horizontal line.
- then move the rest of the cardstock / DSP along the punch board just scoring along the horizontal line. Refer to image 1.
- Then trim along the score line up to the punch mark. Refer to image 2.
- Fold and adhere as normal.
- You just need to make sure when creating this type of bag, that you allow an extra 1 1/2 inches in length for your bag for the top fold too.
I do hope you have a chance to create some of your own special and unique gift bags to give to friends and family. They will love the personal touch! If you have any questions just leave a comment and I will be happy to help 🙂
HAVE YOU HEARD OUR LATEST NEWS????
For the month of November we have released a BRAND NEW set of framelits called Stitched from the Heart PLUS
A range of coordinating Stamp Sets at 25% OFF!!!
WHAT A WAY TO START THE MONTH!!!!